Monday, September 21, 2015

Anniversary Story: "What Do the Numbers Say?" by Doug Sams

"What Do the Numbers Say?"
by Doug Sams, The Groundwater Foundation

A Groundwater Foundation perspective from the numbers side... 

After 15 plus years in tax and public accounting I decided to try a different career journey; I always enjoyed working with my charitable organization clients and when I saw a job ad for the Groundwater Foundation, I called.

My interview was with Susan Seacrest and Cindy Kreifels.  I don’t remember getting much said in word-wise because Susan was a formidable, energetic force wanting to make sure I started to grasp the importance of our groundwater resources.  Dial up some WOW!  A connection was made because I’ve been the Foundation’s accountant since 2007.

Over the past several months we have all enjoyed the stories and hearing about the impact of the educational programs and other projects of The Groundwater Foundation.  But there are “inside” stories rarely promoted; this is where I’ve had my “fun” (yes, accountants do have fun) working for the Foundation.  It’s been about our commitment to financial transparency for our funders, innovating new processes for more operational efficiency, having eight years of successful independent financial audits, facing the cash flow challenges of economic cycles, collaborating with funders and partners, and much more.


What do the numbers say?  There have been a lot of special folks and financial supporters helping The Groundwater Foundation team provide quality programs over the past 30 years.  A big heartfelt thank you to our supporters!  Let’s start on the next 30 years!
_________________________


4 Weeks Until the 2015 Groundwater Foundation National Conference and 30th Anniversary Celebration!


30th Anniversary Story Teller Sponsor
Marshfield Utilities


30th Anniversary Story Teller Supporter
National Ground Water Association

No comments: