Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Make Plans Now For Groundwater Awareness Week

By Brian Reetz

Here’s a quick question! What is coming up in March? Well on a personal note I know it’s both my grandma’s, my mom’s and my sister’s birthdays. There is March Madness and all of the hoopla that surrounds the NCAA basketball tournament, but there is also an important week.

It’s Groundwater Awareness Week – March 11-17, 2012.

I’ve been talking with each of the communities that are part of my program about gearing up for an activity that week.  I want them to do something to protect our groundwater, something that makes our groundwater sustainable for future generations.  I encourage you to do likewise.

So maybe you pick that week to put in a rain garden at your home or your work. Maybe you put a rain sensor on your irrigation system for your yard. Maybe you take that motor oil that is just sitting in your shed, with a chance to spill, down to a recycling center.

What is important is that you do something! All of us can do our part!

Mark your calendars and start planning what you will do during Groundwater Awareness Week.



No comments: